i was in class from 9-12, then back to my apartment for about an hour before heading to lab until 8pm. then once i got back i went over to friend’s dorm to study orgo until 11. i wouldn’t have had time to work out even if i had wanted to.
tomorrow’s the mud run! i’m pretty stoked.
MMMMMMMomgsogood… whey heaven.
do your exercise/eating habits f*** with your menstrual cycle?
i’ve missed my last 2 periods and i’m not pregnant. i know serious athletes often stop getting their periods but i’m not really quite on that level. is this a fairly common occurance? or should i maybe take it as a sign that i need to be eating more? any wisdom is appreciated… thoughts?
i’m finally settled into my schedule here at school sooo here’s what i have set up:
- monday: run
- tuesday: field hockey
- wednesday: field hockey
- thursday: run
- friday: power gym
- saturday: run
- sunday: cycle
could that be any less specific? my plan is to add in lifting, abs, and other strength training when i have extra time on certain days. and to probably have some runs longer than others. and to swap running and cycling based on whatever i feel like doing and what the weather is like. and to take rest days when i need them.
then it’s rutgers football time.
p.s. i was supposed to be doing this about.. 2 hours earlier so i’d have time to get some work done too but my body would not listen to my alarm clock. now i’m just trying to squeeze in the run!
i really want to try it - i’m a peanut butter ADDICT and really have to moderate my intake.
but i’m skeptical.
i’m used to eating organic peanut butter with JUST peanuts and salt.
how does the taste of PB2 really compare? and the texture?
i want to try it but to get one jar on amazon is gonna be like $8.50, where i could get a 4-pack from bell plantations for $16. however, i don’t want to end up with a whole 4-pack if i don’t like it.
what are your opinions on PB2?
edit: ordered it! i got a 16-oz bag of regular and a 6.5-oz jar of chocolate from netrition, $17 total including shipping. i’m excited for it to arrive and i totally hope i love it so i can buy it in bigger quantities and save money.
i normally love to run in you, but i don’t love when you cancel field hockey practice.
solo run tonight around campus tonight, i guess.
my first class today is 3:20 - usually i spend all morning in the lab, but there’s nothing i can do today so i don’t have to go in!
- time to study orgo and genetics wooo
- time to hit the gym and do some weight training
sorry for lack of posting and workout logs - i blame organic chemistry.
i’ve been going to field hockey 2-3x a week and had my first power gym (circuit training) session on friday. however, i’ve been taking more rest days than i’d like to (like today) though none have been in a row. i really need to keep hitting up the gym and not get complacent now that field hockey has started. my triathlon is in 3 weeks!
so i’ve only been making protein shakes a short while, but i’m pretty sure i’ve perfected one HELLA DELICIOUS concoction. the other day i went to the gym and did some lifting just to validate having this protein shake because it’s that tasty. here’s the rough recipe:
- 1 scoop banana protein powder (i use gold standard)
- 1/2 banana (fresh or frozen)
- hefty scoop of plain greek yogurt (probably about 2tbs)
- scoop of peanut butter (anywhere from 1tsp-1tbs)
- drizzle of dark chocolate syrup (probably about 1tsp)
- splash of milk (or chocolate milk! any milk substitute is fine, also)
- splash of water
- 2 ice cubes (if your banana is fresh)
i like mine thicker so it makes a smaller serving size, ounces-wise. if you like your shakes thinner, add more water/milk and/or cut out the ice/don’t use a frozen banana.
damn you pouring rain and predicted thunder! i guess i’ll have to schedule a run in late tonight… and maybe hit the gym after and try lifting some weights?
i’d post a picture of me being sad but my hair is all kinds of crazy right now.
time to run.
but i don’t really know where to start!
i have a gym with plenty of free weights and equipment available to me but i don’t really want to walk into the weight room without a plan. my guy friends who lift don’t use the same campus gym as i do so i’ll be on my own.
any advice for a beginner on how i should get started? like the types of exercises i should be doing, how not to hurt myself, and how to not look like a fool?
- bike ride with my dad, about 35 minutes (first time on my new road bike!)
- some misc wall sitting, squatting, planking, and bicep curling
- run down seabright strip with caitlin, probably around 4 miles
- run: stop sign trail in hartshorne, 3 miles
- moving into my apartment… lots of lifting and stairs!
- short campus run: around passion puddle and through douglass to gym
- random gym machines: assisted pull-ups, back, chest press, calves, hip adduction/abduction
- stationary bike, 12-13km in 30 minutes
- some assorted ab and arm workouts
- short run in boyd park, probably only about a mile plus some sprints
- POP Pilates: legs and thighs, slimmer inner thighs and runner’s calves